E-Commerce Website Design London
What we do
Designing e-commerce platforms is a focused science in itself, and involves a conversion-focused approach to web design. Balancing your ongoing marketing efforts to retain customers with a design and user experience that optimises conversion rates is imperative for your success.
With a vast number of features, functionalities and products, some online stores can become slow to load. As an ecommerce website design company, we design speed optimised pages that operate an effective yet clutter free journey to provide rich user experience.
What can an e-commerce website design agency do for you?
As a leading e-commerce web design company in London, we can help you with the full design, build and launch of your e-commerce website.
In a crowded and competitive market, it’s essential that your website and webpages are as optimised and effective as they can be.
This will ensure that you avoid abandoned baskets as much as possible and that your website is converting your visitors into customers.
There’s a lot to consider and think about, particularly with an e-commerce website.
So let our e-commerce website experts help you out. With years of experience and expertise you can be assured your website project is in safe hands.
What are the website design principles for e-commerce websites?
There are several website design principles which are essential to keep in mind when working on an e-commerce website.
The user friendliness of a website is crucial in all website projects. However, with an e-commerce website and the website goals being to convert online visitors to make a purchase, this makes this area even more important. For this reason, your e-commerce website design agency should be prioritising this area.
Another key area is the emphasis on security and ensuring that your third party payment provider integrates effectively with your website for a smooth user experience. With users inputting sensitive details on your website, you want to make sure they receive all the usual signals throughout their journey to ensure they feel they can trust your website.
A ‘search’ column is another essential area for an e-commerce website to prioritise. This is to make sure that users searching for a specific product can find this quickly and easily. Without a ‘search’ column, your users will be trawling through pages of products, becoming frustrated and unsatisfied with their experience. So this is an important area to make sure you’ve got working effectively.
There’s many more e-commerce website design principles which your agency should be taking into account. If you’d like to discuss these in more detail, please contact us – we’d love to hear from you.
What we offer
From off-the-shelf e-commerce platforms to custom in-house stores, our e-commerce website development in London creates bespoke designs that make you stand out from the crowd. We sketch and A/B test designs thoroughly with users to ensure web visitors get a full experience.
Services we offer include:
- Discovery & Design workshops
- UX (user) research & consultations
- Competitor Analysis
- Interaction Design
- Wireframing & Prototyping
- Usability Testing
- A/B testing
- Graphic design
Our Project Process
During the discovery phase, we work closely with you to determine what you want to achieve from your web design project.
- Determine business objectives and project focal points
- Learn more about your business and your products and services
- Examine how project deliverables can have the most impact for your business
We take time to research far and wide, to ensure your website will be ahead of the competition and informed by the latest digital trends.
- Examine your direct competitors
- Assess how recent web innovations could enhance your new website
- Brainstorm wider digital trends to ensure your website is sector-beating
We’ll focus on creating user personas and analysing how each will interact with the site’s areas to ensure high conversion rates across the site.
- Map out all journeys to ensure user experiences will be satisfying and drive action across the site
- Create an information architecture (IA) which reflects these journeys
- Advise on content strategy to maximise the effectiveness of user journeys
At this stage, we’ll start the designs for your site. The output will be a style guide detailing how every element of the site will look.
- Create a number of visual concepts and proposed digital identities for you to choose from
- Refine designs and apply these to wireframes so you can see the proposed designs in-situ
- Prepare the final visual assets for application to wireframes
In the build process for your site, we develop and implement the site’s design. Extensive testing is completed across all platforms to ensure the site’s integrity.
- Complete the set up of the CMS, integrations and security
- Build each iteration of the designs as they are signed off, ensuring quick and efficient development
- Work with you to train your teams on using the new website
Before the launch we’ll complete extensive testing and bug-fixing to ensure your site is ready to go live.
- Complete the final testing and any further training needed for your team
- Website handover and implementation on final hosting environments and migration
- Ongoing advice and support on website management, support and updates
Wherever possible, investment should be made on an ongoing basis, to allow continued improvement and optimisation.
Our web and marketing experts can:
- Complete data and statistical analysis to determine future feature upgrades
- Conduct analysis of user activity across the site and recommend optimisations
- Complete strategic road mapping to maximise the effectiveness of your digital channels
An e-commerce store isn’t just for Christmas. By leveraging an ongoing collection of data from your users, and consistently testing and learning, you can continue to optimise your digital product so that whatever it’s doing for your business, whether driving revenue or maximising engagement, is done to the best possible extent.
Brand Development and Comms
Your brand is how people first understand your business. From logos to social media creative, advertising copy to photoshoots, we make sure that you have the raft of tools needed to effectively communicate your message to your audience.